I have been blogging for about 2 years now and it has been an amazing journey. I have had my ups and downs, I have re-designed my website several times, I have been part exciting campaigns and most importantly I have learned a lot about myself.
Blogging can be very rewarding and profitable if done right. But it requires a lot of effort on your part, so I have listed my top reasons for blogging below, have a look and see if blogging is for you:
- If you are one of those people who love many different things and doesn’t want to limit yourself to just one, then blogging might be right for you! For me, it combines so many different passions. There’s Styling if you’re interested in fashion. The joy of putting together interesting outfits that best represent who you are. There’s Photography involved, because whether you have a personal photographer or not you always end up adding your own content featuring your everyday life, travels, and interests. There’s also Writing. The main focus of your blogging and the voice that will attract certain groups of people to your site. Your blog content will be a great tool to share your expertise on different topics and be of help to others! Editing is a big part of it too, your blog content, enhancing your photos to grab your reader’s attention and of course to keep your overall look consistent to your “brand”. Jump from industry to industry. Meaning, if your blog is Lifestyle based then you can add Interior Decor, Travel, Food, Beauty, even add a DIY section. Create a new category even! Why not right? It’s your own creative space. The possibilities are endless…
- It also gives you the Freedom to run your business. As you begin to grow you will be able to choose the brands you work with on your own terms and free to create content in the way that best describes YOU. It is such a thrill to be in charge of every step that goes into every post. It’s a lot of work don’t get me wrong! But it also feels ten times better to do something you are really passionate about and take it as far as you wish to go.
- Which leads me to my next point. Being able to work on your own schedule and from anywhere in the world. Blogging can allow you to write down your own calendar, make your own creative decisions and turn this into a business while still following your unique vision for it.
- That said, there’s also a lot you are committing to. If you are serious about it, then you must be consistent, be able to follow through on contracts and posting schedules. And while it might not be a typical “desk job” it certainly has its long hours. Why? Because there are endless emails coming in every day, social media updates on every single platform, events and social gatherings you are expected to join, content creating to post at least once a day seven days a week. That’s right, we don’t get a rest day, there’s no such thing as a weekend off. You must be ahead of it 100% of the time and having an understanding family/friends is absolute key. Also consider all negotiations, planning, executing and promoting falls on you. So you have been able to handle the extra work load.
Photos by Ryan Chua.
- And a final and most important point of all… It will make your days happier and more creative than you could have imagined! It will keep you motivated to do your best each and every day to keep growing. It’s a job you will love doing and you will get to do things you never imagined you could.
If this is something that feels right for you then go for it! I have loved every minute and I’m here to share my experience with you. I have posted other Blogging Tips here, here and here so keep reading if this something you are interested in! If anyone has any questions or want me to share on a specific topic comment below!
Thank you for reading,
Post from; Wander with Love