When it comes to traveling we always tend to go with those that we know and are comfortable with but how are you supposed to grow and become better, learn something new if you’re living in your comfort zone and you’re surrounded by those who are in your comfort zone? Answer is easy, you don’t because you never end up trying anything new. Which leads to an email I got about a month ago from a fellow creative who owns The Stand By Diary, it’s pretty much a Company that connects Brands with influencers where they travel to amazing places with fellow creatives to create content for themselves and Brands. While the idea sounded amazing I was skeptical about almost every part of the trip as I wasn’t sure how everyone would get along but the idea of everyone being in a creative world meant that we all would be going for a reason, each one of us having the same reason – create! So I said yes to the new adventure and it couldn’t turn out any better!
- Rent a car. You’ll not only save money but you will be able to create your own schedule and see more by not going on the tours.
- If you’re going with friends rent an Airbnb, no need to stay at a Hotel. You can go and explore the main part of Tulum to go shopping, see the boutique hotels and eat.
- Check the weather before you even book your tickets as a lot of people after I got back told me that they have gone a week before us and it rained on and off the entire week.
- Some of the restaurants are completely booked out on Fridays and weekends, make sure to make your reservation ahead of time!
- Mosquito spray will be your best friend! They’re everywhere and you’ll be bitten.
- When drinking water at restaurants make sure to tell the waiter not to add ice cubes as the water isn’t filtered and you’ll get sick as your body isn’t used to it.
- Grocery run before checking into Airbnb/Hotel is a must! Stock up on lots of water and snacks as the main Tulum area does not have much of snack spots and it’s mainly restaurants.
- If you’re looking for cheap tickets, jetcost has the best deals! They’re also super last minute so I do check them on almost daily bases to see deals!
View this post on Instagram
‘Turn off your cellphones. Put down the camera. Live in the moment. Social media is destroying real connections.” they say. Blah blah blah. Like how about no. :::: Social media has given me a career. Social media has connected me with some of my now friends. Social media has given me a vision. Social media has helped me create art. Above all, social media has given me a voice. ( Words by @ericedits_ ) ::::: Do you agree? TAG someone you met through social media 👇🏽